W16 Regulatory Improvements for Power Reactor Decommissioning
This session will provide updated information on the process for power reactors that are transitioning to decommissioning. Presenters will discuss recent regulatory actions to improve the process, provide an update on the reactor decommissioning rulemaking, and discuss lessons learned from the recent experience of plants that are transitioning to decommissioning. Presentations will focus on emergency preparedness changes following permanent shutdown, nuclear power industry insights and experiences, and perspectives from local communities. Participants will gain an understanding of the multiple ongoing efforts to address challenges and improve the process for decommissioning power reactors, including upcoming actions that will provide additional opportunities for stakeholder participation.
- Doug Broaddus, Branch Chief, Division of Operating Reactor Licensing, NRR/NRC
- Meena K. Khanna, Branch Chief, Division of Operating Reactor Licensing, NRR/NRC
- Robert Kahler, Branch Chief, Division of Preparedness and Response, NSIR/NRC
- Steven Scheurich, Vice President, Nuclear Decommissioning, Entergy Nuclear
- James Kim, Project Manager, Division of Operating Reactor Licensing, NRR/NRC